Joshua%20ShipmanQuantcast

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The One For Me (Duet)- 11/28/10

Duet by Locke

(Vs. 1- Girl)
He’s been coming here for a long time,
Since I don’t remember when.
Always gets the same thing,
And never drinks with friends.
But there’s something in his eyes,
That calls me to his side.
That lonely gleam in that gentle face,
He’s so shy but I’ll talk to him all the same.

(Chorus- Girl)
We could be two hearts brought together by the grace of God alone.
A man and woman destined to be together until our lives are done.
Now I’m not saying I’m gonna push my hand,
But if it happens to be God’s Plan,
He could be the one for me.

(Vs. 2- Guy)
Well I’ve been coming here for a long time,
I don’t even know why.
Maybe it’s the girl behind the bar,
Though I can’t get up the nerve to say “hi”.
But there’s something in the way her hair falls about her face,
That catches my eye and makes my heart race.
I’m so shy but I think I’ll talk to her the same.

(Chorus- Guy)
We could be two hearts brought together by the grace of God alone.
A man and woman destined to be together until our lives are done.
Now I’m too shy to push my hand,
But if this could be God’s Plan,
She could be the one for me.

(Bridge)
Guy- Oh, here she comes walking up to me.
Girl- Hey, I noticed you’ve been watching me.
Guy- I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to offend…
Girl- Would you like to get dinner after my shift ends?

(Chorus)
Guy/Girl- We could be two hearts brought together by the Grace of God alone.
Guy- A man and woman destined to be together until our lives are done.
Girl- Now God has gone and shown his hand,
Guy- I think this could be His Plan,
Girl- He could be the one for me…
Guy- She could be the one for me…
Both- This could be our destiny… (fade out)

No comments:

Post a Comment