Joshua%20ShipmanQuantcast

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Diary of an Outlaw

(Vs 1)
Early morning cold, sun warms up my skin.
White scars stand out, as memories of past sin.
A face from a nightmare, stares out of the mirror at me.
My eyes are cold and red, with no feeling I can see.
My heart is torn and battered, like the body that holds it tight.
I brace my mind with brittle steel, to fight a loosing fight.

(Chorus)
I’m not haunted by my life full of sin.
But by the crimes I could have done but never did.
I’m all alone with just my six-string at my side.
There is nowhere to run, no point to try and hide.
I’m chased by my heart’s pan and confused mind,
Sometimes I think I’m worth more dead, than alive.

(Vs 2)
Skeletons in the closet, and I dust them off again.
Empty sockets stare up at me, while lightning fills my brain.
They tell me to bury my dead,
And to get these thoughts out of my head.
But they don’t know that it’s easier said than done.
They don’t know how hard it is for a soul out on the run.

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
And they tell me not to run,
They say to lay down my gun,
But my life is far from done.
And I will always be on the run.

(Solo Vs)
And I’m running!
It’s for me their gunning!
And I’m still running!

I’m still running!






~Copyright Locke 2008~

No comments:

Post a Comment