Joshua%20ShipmanQuantcast

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wonder of Wonders

(Vs 1)
Well I’ve been around the block a time or two.
And over the great ocean I have flew.
I’ve seen the hot springs shoot so high,
In glorious Yellowstone.
I’ve seen the Bad Lands in South Dakota,
I’ve seen the Presidents carved in stone.
I’ve seen a bird up in the sky,
I’ve heard the mighty eagle cry.

(Pre-Chorus 1)
But of all the wonder that has met these eyes,
There is just one scene that can make them cry.

(Chorus)
It is a baby in a manger,
Destined to be our savior,
And to save us from sin.
Of God come down to earth,
Even though we spit and cursed,
And hung him on a cross.
Of Grace and Peace from eyes so soft.
That is the wonder of wonders.

(Vs 2)
Well I’ve seen what man can do.
The science we’ve discovered could someday save you.
I’ve seen Asian buildings that touch the clouds,
I’m sure their builders must be so proud.
I’ve heard music that sounds so sweet,
Ring throughout a city street.
And I’ve seen a full moon shine in the sky,
I’ve heard the lone wolf cry.

(Pre-chorus 2)
But out of all the things I’ve seen and heard,
Only one so much awe has stirred.

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
I’ve seen the face of New Zealand’s mountains,
I’ve seen the Maori dance.
I rode the winds of Milford Sound,
And I starred entranced.
And I’ve heard the mighty thunder,
But no, that’s not the wonder of wonders.

(Chorus)

(Vs 3)
So as you celebrate this Christmas,
Think of what you do and say.
Because He was born for you,
The world’s hope came Christmas Day.
So please my friend, listen to me.
As you set up your nativity.
Look at that baby in the manger,
A king without fanfare and plunder.
That my friend is the wonder of wonders.
(Fade Out)



~Copyright Locke 2008~

No comments:

Post a Comment