Joshua%20ShipmanQuantcast

Friday, April 3, 2009

Lonely Road


{This is another chord-less song}


(Chorus)
So I move on down this road,
Looking for a place to leave my load,
Somewhere on down this lonely road.
One more town in my rear-view.
One more city I just pass through.
This world is so alone and cold.
So I move on down this lonely road.

(Vs 1)
One more city, one more town.
One more un-walked piece of ground.
One more set of stone-cold eyes, set to turn me away.
One more row of imposing doors all closed in my face.

(Chorus)

(Vs 2)
Another motel, and I drive on by.
The pain sets in, but I can’t cry.
I’ve been in this world so long I’m desensitized.
I’ve learned to ignore the world’s tricks and lies.

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
Another dollar, another day.
Another forgotten sin for which I have to pay.
Clouds hang over this head of mine,
But ask me all you like; I’ll say I’m just fine.

(Chorus (x2?))




~Copyright Locke 2009~

No comments:

Post a Comment