Joshua%20ShipmanQuantcast

Saturday, April 4, 2009

One More Sleepless Night

(Vs 1)
My head is pounding fast, like a roaring freight train.
Chugging down those tracks to derail my brain.
And there is nothing I can do to stop the pain.
Well I can’t remember how long it’s gone on,
But I know by rights I should be long gone,
And for some reason, I just barely hang on.

(Chorus)
Yeah I fight another battle, although I know I’ll probably loose.
I fight for my God, and I fight for you.
Well these scars are from war, not work,
I’m fighting myself but not only I get hurt.
And there is little left for me in this pointless life.
But I brace myself for another fight,
And one more sleepless night.

(Vs 2)
Well my life seems to have no point at all,
And trying to fix it up is just money down the hole.
Not many want to deal with a patchwork soul.
But I hold on for what I know is True and Right,
I cling to God and his never-failing light.
And for you I’m willing to re-enter the fight.

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
Do you know how hard it is to have nothing to live for?
And how hard it is to get up and walk out that door?
When the pain takes over, and it’s hard to think or stand,
You feel useless, just a bleeding, broken, man.

(Chorus 2)
Yeah I fight another battle, although I know I’ll probably loose.
I fight for my God, and I fight for you.
Well these scars are from war, not work,
When I don’t fight myself no one gets hurt.
And someday when I fix this beaten and bloody life,
There’ll be no more reason to fight.
And maybe I could sleep at nights.







~Copyright Locke 2009~

No comments:

Post a Comment